What is Sanmarga Srividya?
Ancient Wisdom and Modern Science in the Quest for Existential Reality
Srividya, often referred to as the science of existential reality, bridges the gap between ancient wisdom and modern science. While modern science grapples with questions about the origin of the universe and the emergence of something from nothing, ancient Sanatana Dharma offers a profound perspective rooted in the concept of 'Param Shunya.' This article explores the philosophy and practice of Srividya, emphasizing its role in achieving stillness and inner evolution, ultimately leading to a state of complete being.
The Concept of Param Shunya:
Ancient Sanatana Dharma posits that the world originated from God in the form of 'Param Shunya,' which is synonymous with Nirakar Parabrahman, the formless divine. Siddhas, the great ancient spiritual practitioners, centered their contemplation on Nirakar Parabrahman as a part of their Srividya Sadhana. Srividya is the path of 'Shunya' or nothingness. Through the process of mental deletion, where one removes all thoughts and distractions, practitioners aim to reach a state of 'stillness.' This stillness, known as Param Shunya, transcends ordinary existence and serves as the backdrop of consciousness.
Sanmarga: The Righteous Path to Existence:
Sanmarga, the righteous path, guides individuals toward a state of being or existence. The Supramental lineage of Sri Siddha Sanmarga adheres to the traditional practice of Sanmarga Srividya Sadhana to establish and experience supramental enlightenment. Srividya acts as a science that leads one to absolute stillness, facilitating the inner evolution of humanity. It involves discovering a state of completeness within oneself, understanding the harmonious interplay of partial and complete fullness, and realizing the essence of existence.
The Uniqueness of Srividya Sadhana:
Unlike many meditation practices that focus on training the mind, Srividya Sadhana takes a distinctive approach. It does not attempt to tame the mind through intellectual exercises; instead, it seeks to awaken the soul. By nurturing the soul's growth and development, the mind naturally aligns itself with higher consciousness. This aspect makes Srividya Sadhana a powerful and effective path to spiritual awakening.
The Core Principles of Srividya Sadhana:
- Awakening the Soul: Srividya Sadhana prioritizes the awakening of the soul, recognizing it as the key to unlocking higher states of consciousness. This approach ensures that the transformation occurs at a profound level, beyond the superficialities of the mind.
- Stillness as the Goal: The ultimate objective of Srividya Sadhana is to attain stillness, which goes beyond the noise of everyday thoughts and distractions. In this stillness, one connects with the timeless essence of existence.
- Inner Evolution: Srividya Sadhana serves as a catalyst for inner evolution, guiding practitioners on a journey of self-discovery and self-realization. It fosters a deep understanding of one's true nature and the interconnectedness of all life.
- Completeness Within Oneself: The practice of Srividya leads individuals to a state of self-sufficiency, where they recognize their own completeness. It highlights the synergy between partial fullness and complete fullness, offering insights into the holistic nature of existence.
Benefits of Srividya Sadhana:
- Mental Clarity and Focus: While Srividya Sadhana does not focus on training the mind directly, it often results in improved mental clarity and concentration. The stillness achieved through this practice allows the mind to function more efficiently.
- Emotional Balance: By delving into the depths of consciousness, practitioners of Srividya Sadhana often experience a greater sense of emotional equilibrium. This equanimity helps in dealing with life's challenges with grace and resilience.
- Spiritual Growth: Srividya Sadhana nurtures spiritual growth by connecting individuals with their innermost selves and the divine consciousness. This leads to profound spiritual experiences and a deeper sense of purpose in life.
- Harmonious Living: As one aligns with the principles of Srividya, they tend to lead a more harmonious and fulfilling life. This harmonious living extends to relationships, work, and all aspects of existence.
Srividya stands as a bridge between ancient wisdom and modern scientific inquiry, offering a profound understanding of existential reality. Rooted in the concept of Param Shunya and practiced through Sanmarga Srividya Sadhana, it provides a unique path to stillness, inner evolution, and a state of complete being. In a world where the mind often seeks escape, Srividya Sadhana focuses on awakening the soul, making it one of the most powerful and effective spiritual practices available to seekers of truth and enlightenment.